Completed in 1902, Savannah’s Union Station stood on the west end of
downtown with two majestic Spanish Renaissance towers marking its presence
on the skyline. Visitors disembarking trains at the West Broad Street station fed
the establishment of theaters, bars, restaurants and shops. The neighborhood
around the station developed into the economic and cultural center for much
of Savannah’s population.